Banana Blackberry Muffins
2 cups AP flour (250g)
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt (nix this if you use salted butter)
1 cup yogurt or sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
4 Tbsp melted butter or veg oil
2 mashed bananas
6 oz blackberries, chopped in half
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. In a small ziploc bag or bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
2. In a large bowl, mix the butter, eggs, and sugar together. Add in the yogurt or sour cream and bananas. Mix until well combined.
3. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. Don't overmix! Add in the blackberries and spoon into greased muffin tins or cupcake liners. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
Some food for thought...
- I originally made these with a 1/2 cup of sugar thinking that the bananas would sweeten the mix more, but they didn't. I'm guessing my bananas were not as ripe as I thought they were! Just keep that in mind when you make these.
- My batter made enough for 12 muffins and a very small 6" round. The recipe will probably make enough for 18-24 normal muffins, depending on how much you put in each cup.